The Museum is open on Saturdays (except Christmas Day) from 12 noon until 5:00 pm. During school holidays periods, the museum is also open on Sundays from 12 noon till 5pm.
Entry prices are $8.00 for Adults and $4.00 for Children and Concession Card holders. Children under the age of 4 will be admitted Free. A Family Ticket is available at $20.00 (2 adults + 2 children). Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
Phone the Museum on (03) 9397 7412 on Saturdays during opening hours.
Call 1300 220 220 (Monday to Friday, Business Hours) to discuss and arrange any school or group visits. Group Visits can usually be arranged for any day of the week during daylight hours..
Postal Enquiries should be directed to
Museum Enquiries, ARHS, PO Box 748, Williamstown Victoria 3016
We can be found at
26 Champion Road, Newport.
* Melway map 55 grid K7
* GPS Co-ords S 37deg 51.376min, E 144deg 53.189min
The Railway Museum is located at 26 Champion Road near the intersection with Kororoit Creek Road and close to North Williamstown railway station. The Museum is situated adjacent to the former Victorian Railways Newport Workshops.
Travel by train from Melbourne CBD takes about 15 minutes.
Travel by car from the City over the Westgate Bridge takes about 20 minutes. Parking is available free of charge on Champion Road, without time restrictions.
Come by train
- Catch a Werribee train from the City (or a direct Williamstown one if available)
- Change at Newport to a Williamstown train
- Alight at North Williamstown station and turn to the right outside the Station
- Cross the railway line at the level crossing
- Take 5 to 10mins walk along Champion Road
- For further details ring Public Transport Victoria on 1800 800 007